What to Know About Whitening
COURSE NUMBER: 491
Jane L. Forrest, EdD, BSDH; Lesley McGovern Kupiec, RDH, MSDH
As an oral health care professional, it is important to understand what it means to whiten teeth. This course will review the differences between whitening and bleaching and how to identify types of stains or causes of tooth discoloration, ...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
As an oral health care professional, it is important to understand what it means to whiten teeth. This course will review the differences between whitening and bleaching and how to identify types of stains or causes of tooth discoloration, how to properly include whitening in individual treatment plans, and how to discuss the options, benefits and potential adverse effects.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assistant Students, Office Managers
Date Course Online:
Nov 18, 2019
Last Revision Date:
Nov 18, 2022
Course Expiration Date:
Nov 17, 2025
AGD Subject Code(s):
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Explain the difference between whitening and bleaching.
- Discuss the etiology of intrinsic and extrinsic stains.
- Identify indications and contraindications for bleaching.
- Discuss the 4 categories of whitening options.
- Discuss the pros and cons for each of the 4 categories of whitening options.
- Discuss the possible side-effects of bleaching.
- Given case scenarios, apply criteria in determining whether candidates qualify for bleaching.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886