A Humanistic Approach to Team Member Motivation
COURSE NUMBER: 525
James L. Harrison, DMD; David G. Dunning, M.A., Ph.D.
Motivation plays a crucial role in driving the performance and success of teams in various organizational settings. While traditional approaches to motivation focus on extrinsic factors such as rewards and punishments, a humanistic approac...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
Motivation plays a crucial role in driving the performance and success of teams in various organizational settings. While traditional approaches to motivation focus on extrinsic factors such as rewards and punishments, a humanistic approach emphasizes team members' intrinsic motivation and psychological well-being. This course explores the fundamental principles of a humanistic approach to team member motivation and real-world examples highlighting its effectiveness. Its institution by the employer contributes to more harmonious and productive team members and plays a vital role in providing excellent customer service to patients.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Office Managers
Date Course Online:
Mar 1, 2018
Last Revision Date:
Jun 30, 2023
Course Expiration Date:
Jun 29, 2026
AGD Subject Code(s):
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional will be able to:
- Understand the fundamental principles of humanistic motivation and its application in a team setting.
- Recognize the importance of intrinsic motivation and its impact on team member satisfaction, engagement, and performance.
- Identify the key psychological needs (autonomy, competence, and relatedness) and their role in fostering motivation within a team.
- Explore strategies for promoting autonomy among team members, allowing them to feel empowered and in control of their work.
- Gain insights into creating a supportive team culture that encourages collaboration, open communication, and positive relationships.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886