The Radiographic Image
COURSE NUMBER: 571
Hassem Geha, DDS, MDS, Diplomate of the ABOMR
This course explains the principle of image formation on any x-ray receptor, starting from the interaction between the x-ray and the radiographed object. This course will also explain the image quality factors such as the kVp, mAs, spatial ...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course explains the principle of image formation on any x-ray receptor, starting from the interaction between the x-ray and the radiographed object. This course will also explain the image quality factors such as the kVp, mAs, spatial resolution, contrast resolution, and image sharpness.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assistant Students
Date Course Online:
Feb 1, 2019
Last Revision Date:
Jun 21, 2022
Course Expiration Date:
Jun 20, 2025
AGD Subject Code(s):
Upon the completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Describe the formation of the x-ray image.
- Explain the difference between contrast resolution and spatial resolution.
- Describe the effect of the exposure settings on the image quality.
- Describe the difference between magnification and distortion.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886