Anxiety, Depression, Stress, and Oral Health
COURSE NUMBER: 573
Maria L. Geisinger, DDS, MS
This course seeks to discuss the interrelationship of oral health and mental health disorders, including anxiety and depression and to provide dental healthcare providers with tools to intervene and help improve overall health for individua...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course seeks to discuss the interrelationship of oral health and mental health disorders, including anxiety and depression and to provide dental healthcare providers with tools to intervene and help improve overall health for individuals with both oral and mental health disorders.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assistant Students
Date Course Online:
Dec 11, 2019
Last Revision Date:
Dec 8, 2022
Course Expiration Date:
Dec 7, 2025
AGD Subject Code(s):
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Review the current data on the prevalence, severity, and therapy options for anxiety and depression.
- Identify screening tools and warning signs for anxiety and depression that can be employed by dental healthcare providers in the dental office.
- Understand the current evidence linking anxiety and depression and oral diseases, including caries and periodontal disease.
- Discuss mechanisms of interaction between antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication and treatment outcomes for periodontal disease and caries.
- Be prepared to work in an integrated interdisciplinary team to assess risk factors, screen, and refer patients who may be at risk for anxiety and depression.
P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886