A Palette of Plant-based Dietary Patterns: How do they Impact Dental Health?
COURSE NUMBER: 659
Ellen Karlin, MMSc, RDN, LDN, FADA; Sara Karlin, DDS
Participants in this video course will be introduced to evidence-based science surrounding the impact of whole-food, plant-based dietary patterns on dental health. Consuming a healthy, diverse, plant-based eating style is key to obtaining t...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
Participants in this video course will be introduced to evidence-based science surrounding the impact of whole-food, plant-based dietary patterns on dental health. Consuming a healthy, diverse, plant-based eating style is key to obtaining the nutrition that is critical for both our dental and overall health.
- Ms. Karlin reports no conflicts of interest associated with this course. She has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Karlin reports no conflicts of interest associated with this course. She has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Participants in this course will be introduced to evidence-based science surrounding whole-food, plant-based dietary patterns, food synergy, phytonutrients, prebiotics and probiotics; how they impact the integrity of the oral cavity and their ability to optimize oral health.
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Students, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assistant Students, Office Managers
Date Course Online:
Jul 22, 2021
Last Revision Date:
Course Expiration Date:
Jul 21, 2024
AGD Subject Code(s):
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Discuss plant-based dietary patterns and plant-forward cooking and eating styles.
- Discuss the synergy between whole-food, plant-based nutrition and the integrity of the oral microbiome and oral cavity.
- Discuss the growing body of research supporting the benefits of plant-based dietary patterns for optimal oral and systemic health.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886