It is important to confirm the following before starting the preparation:
- Check for contraindications
- Mount study casts
- Check posterior occlusion (anterior teeth do not function alone)
- Confirm that there is no protrusive or lateral interference
- Check centric anterior lingual contacts
- Consider three key elements of aesthetics: contour, position and colour
When restoring anterior teeth with porcelain veneers, you must be aware of incisal edge position, lingual contour, labial contour and inclination.