Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Understand the impact of physiological stress on one’s well-being.
- Understand how ergonomics is vital in all aspects of dentistry.
- Identify characteristics of equipment that will promote good ergonomics.
- Identify risks that lead to musculoskeletal pain.
- Identify the predominant areas of pain in the dental practitioner and how often they occur.
- Identify ways to modify the dental team’s work practice.
- Apply the concept of cognitive awareness to prevent musculoskeletal dysfunction.
- Learn how nutrition is important in preventing muscle pain.
- Recognize the benefits of physical activities in reducing musculoskeletal disorders.