Upon the completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- List the ramifications and the health hazards of amalgam in both the elemental and methylmercury (CH₃Hg) forms.
- List the physical signs of a possible mercury saturation within the body.
- Discuss the proper techniques in amalgam removal from the mouth.
- Name the countries who have banned the use of amalgam in tooth restorations.
- List the states within the United States mentioned in this course who require that patients be informed about restorative materials and the choices of these materials.
- Discuss the new legislation requiring amalgam separators in 2020.