Professional Dental Terminology for the Dental Assistant and Hygienist
COURSE NUMBER: 542
Vickie Parrish Foster, RDH, MEd
This course is designed to introduce dental assisting and hygiene students, and serve as a review to practicing assistants and hygienists, to the professional dental terminology that is utilized in dentistry. Case scenarios are used that re...
(Use this feature to create assignments for your students and staff.)
This course is designed to introduce dental assisting and hygiene students, and serve as a review to practicing assistants and hygienists, to the professional dental terminology that is utilized in dentistry. Case scenarios are used that represent various members of the dental team speaking with patients and other team members. The dialogue in these scenarios include the use of professional and lay terminology as applicable. At the completion of each case scenario, there is a question posed to the learner allowing the use of critical thinking skills. This course is an excellent resource for the classroom.
Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Hygiene Students, Dental Assistant Students
Date Course Online:
May 1, 2018
Last Revision Date:
Apr 30, 2021
Course Expiration Date:
Apr 29, 2024
AGD Subject Code(s):
10, 780, 430
Upon completion of this course, the dental professional should be able to:
- Identify the various dental professionals and their roles and responsibilities.
- List the appropriate dental terminology associated with intraoral and extraoral structures, restorations, disease processes and oral care for the patient.
- Explain to a patient the basic dental diseases, their appearance, basic causes, prevention and treatment.
- Utilize appropriate professional dental terminology when addressing patient questions and concerns and speaking with other dental professionals.
- P&G is providing these resource materials to dental professionals. We do not own this content nor are we responsible for any material herein.
- Participants must always be aware of the hazards of using limited knowledge in integrating new techniques or procedures into their practice. Only sound evidence-based dentistry should be used in patient therapy.
Note: Registration is required to take test.
Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) Submission For credit transfers to appear in your AGD account in real time, make sure to add your AGD membership number in the field provided on the “Share Your Test Score” page.
CE Broker For all states that use CE Broker for licensure, “proof of completions” are electronically reported the first of every month. If a course was taken in November, the “proof of completion” will be submitted the beginning of December.
Approved PACE Program Provider
THE PROCTER & GAMBLE COMPANY
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2021 to 7/31/2027
Provider ID# 211886